In the perfect world… everyone would have one of those hotel-like Belgium Waffle makers that are really fat & heavy & make two waffles at once. However, most of us have to do with some other sort of waffle maker & that’s OK because we can all still have Perfectly Wonderful Waffles!
The trick is not in the batter because there are lots of great mixes out there so just go ahead & use the one you like best.
Making Perfectly Wonderful Waffles is all about playing with what you put into & on the waffles. The key is to think like a 4-year old. They have the uncanny ability to come up with the most creative ideas.
Here are the Top Ten Wonderful Waffle suggestions…with a little help from my friends:
- Anything chocolate in the house…liberally applied on top
- Strawberries…adults tend to like fresh while kids prefer jam
- Peanut Butter…which is adaptable because you can use it either in the mix or on top of the waffle
- Bananas…big fat slices on top
- Sausages…cut into small slices & lovingly placed in each waffle square
- Maple Syrup (REAL please)…time consuming because each square will need its own little lake
- Cheese…obsessive people will again cut it in small pieces for the waffle squares
- Honey…your local beekeeper will love you & you’ll get the added benefits of the bee’s love
- Pecans…chop them into the batter for a crunchy texture
- Eggs…not my personal favorite…but many like a fried egg on top
I have it on good four-year-old-authority that the best thing for Wonderful Waffles is combinations. Use any of the above together or create your own.
The last word on Perfectly Wonderful Waffles…
These are best eaten when you are ravenously hungry & the easiest way to accomplish this is to alter your morning routine. Instead of getting up & eating, go for a walk, or a jog, or better yet an early morning swim or wake-board run(well maybe in a few weeks). Get out there & get some fresh morning air, burn some calories, get ravenous…then sit down to your favorite Perfectly Wonderful Waffles.
P.S. If you’re looking for some real maple syrup, you might want to think about helping Grass River Natural Area. You still have a week to help Grass River by buying some local syrup! K and E Delectable Edibles is a local company that produces maple syrup & syrup products in addition to other goodies. They have offered to a part of their April sales to Grass River. You could visit www.KandEDelectableEdibles.com or simply pick some up when you’re out & about this next week at Higgins, MOKA, Sassafrass, Village Market, The Ellsworth Farmers Exchange, Oryana, or Deerings Market.
Me…I’m off to find that maple syrup!!